Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Yellow Pears

Getting back to fruit, I did this mostly with a palette knife with a few touch ups with a brush. This was purely practice as I have almost no experience with a palette knife, but have loved the look in other people's paintings. It was fun, sort of a cross between finger painting and frosting a cake - yes, I used my fingers too sometimes. Since I knew I was going to do that, I avoided cadmium yellows and used non-cadmium versions. Permanent yellows light and deep from Holbein and radiant lemon from Gamblin. Also think I have permanent orange from Holbein in there. I do have some cadmium reds and yellow light as well as cobalt blue. No fingers then unless I use gloves which I get by the box from the beauty supply shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment